Re: Drivers that potentially leave state as TASK_{UN}INTERRUPTIBLE

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 04:04:33 EST

moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk said:
> So it seems to be a bug at least in terms of timing. Unfortunately I
> only got about 4 replies to the patches that touched 20+ drivers. I
> suppose I should just hassle maintainers until they fix it or tell me
> where I've gone wrong ...

Actually, I was quite happy calling schedule_timeout in the flash drivers
without changing current->state. I'm waiting to something to happen, and
just to be considerate, I'm asking to be put to sleep for the 'expected'
amount of time for whatever's happening. If there's other stuff on the run
queue, it won't return immediately, will it? If there isn't other stuff on
the run queue, I'll just busy wait till the flash chip's finished.

Otherwise, it would be TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE.

--
dwmw2