Re: Still ext2-corruption in test8-pre5 (incl. OOPS)

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 22:35:37 EST

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Mohammad A . Haque wrote:

> Just wanted to throw I out that I JUST experienced the same oops with
> netscape. I'mgoing to wait until Al submits a patch that he has gone
> over to see if it fixes the problem.

Well, Al seems to agree with mine, but it still hasn't been tested.

Note that it doesn't ahve to be _me_ that tests the thing. Hint, hint.

[ yeah, I know. Testing these kinds of things is dangerous. I'll do it
  first thing in the morning if nobody else beats me to it. It looks ok,
  but even just a silly typo can cause nasty fs corruption here, as we've
  seen in the past ]

                        Linus