Re: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 18:32:42 EST

   Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:29:10 -0600
   From: "Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@timpanogas.com>

   "David S. Miller" wrote:
> Ummm... circa April 15th, 1998 ;-)))

   They've got some newer stuff. The best way to get the latest numbers
   would be to call Craig Miller 801-861-7000 (cmiller@novell.com), Dana
   Henriksen (dhenriks@novell.com), same # or Drew Major, Darren's brother,
   same # (rdmajor@novell.com).

This was an amusing progression:

1) Novell has the best web benchmark numbers

2) Oops, I didn't say that, Novell is, go see www.novell.com

3) Oops, that's from nearly 2 years ago, go talk to the engineers
   they have the latest numbers certainly.

I have to be honest and say that I can't take you seriously anymore.

As usual, numbers talk bullshit walks, and when Novell makes some
more up to date specweb submissions, I'll have a look, but until
then it's hot air as far as I'm concerned.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com