Re: 2.4.0-test8-pre1 is quite bad / how about integrating Rik's VM

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 15:54:04 EST

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 01:22:11PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    And I'm saying that if people really want to do this, then use
    the computer to do it for you, having more than just "grep", and
    making your tools aware of it.

This is a reasonable sentiment; but I don't believe there are
plentiful tools about right now (well, not in the unix world, like it
or not, there is something quite nice about various IDEs which
dynamically parse the structures and functions as they are defined
and can offer syntax completion and checking as you code...)

  --cw