Re: zero-copy TCP

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 12:55:27 EST

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff V Merkey <jmerkey@timpanogas.com> writes:

Jeff> Intel Nitro Card - i960 processor on the card. The SMP
Jeff> debugging involved the use of a bus analyser since this card had
Jeff> a piggish memory bus footprint (i960 processors do not have an
Jeff> IO address space, so everything is memory mapped. The big
Jeff> weakness of early I2O stuff was that the I960 running off on the
Jeff> boards had access to the memory bus of these early systems.
Jeff> Performace problems that were related to passing messages to the
Jeff> embedded OS running on the i960 on the Nitro Card, and it
Jeff> "missing" messages when two processors were talking to it at
Jeff> once.

True the i960 based one I didn't think of, however Intel never
provided docs for it.

Jes