[Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details]

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 05:18:20 EST

Alan, this is going too far, don't you think?

My server is in the tested/good list w/ orbs. Aren't you following your own advice
about properly setting up your MTA to allow good guys and stop bad guys in accord
with ORBS DNS?

You keep going on about spam and how you don't care if a few messages get dropped,
but let this continue and the percentage is going to climb into heavy hitting
against legitimate traffic. ORBS is very heavy handed and the netblocks they are
generically blacklisting is growing, yesterday it was a /24, today it's a /20,
tomorrow it'll be a /16, next month a /8.

I occupy a /24 and a /26 and all are 100% tested and certified clean by ORBS. You
preach to others to properly set up their MTAs to allow the ORBS approved. Don't
you think you should follow what you recommend?

This must have just been entered into your access list, because I've been under the
ORBS blacklist for a few weeks now and this is the first reject I've seen w/ the
below message.

-d