Re: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux

From: Mark Hahn (hahn@coffee.psychology.mcmaster.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 00:54:52 EST

> You and several others know that I stink at describing a complex point
> regardless that I understand it completely. I am just glad that you hung
> in there long enough for me to get the point across.

Andre, as far as I can tell, this "complex point" is just the kind of
queueing that SCSI has done all along. sure, if you want to juggle
multiple outstanding commands, you need a structure to track them.

what continues to mystify me is why you believe that it's appropriate
for the driver to prevent any op it doesn't understand. yes, it needs
to track the tags of queued commands, including those via ide_ioctl.
but ensuring tag sanity is very different from filtering.

regards, mark hahn.