Re: zero-copy TCP

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@elte.hu)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 12:29:56 EST

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Andi Kleen wrote:

> I did the same for fragment RX some months ago (simple fragment lists
> that were copy-checksummed to user space). Overall it is probably
> better to use a kiovec, because that can be more easily used in nfsd
> and sendfile.

the basic fragment type introduced by the TUX changes is a 'struct
skb_frag', which has csum, size, *page, page_offset, frag_done, *data and
*private fields - this is more than normal kiovecs offer. But i think
kiovecs can be extended to do all this (if Stephen & everybody else
agrees), i just didnt want to touch it for the time being.

        Ingo