Re: www.crucial.com won't talk to 2.4.0-test7 system

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 11:12:19 EST

> > Or wait until more vendors roll out ECN
>
> There is another big problem like that...
> tunnels actually do not work on todays real internet...
> MTU 1500 is so much a standard that it starts killing tunnels.
> MTU < 1500 is not a working solution today thanks to (mostly
> linux based ? ) broken firewalls

Most of the broken firewalls I see for MTU stuff are Firewall-1. But to be
fair to the vendors they are *incorrectly configured*. People blindly block
ICMP and it causes them problems. The good news is that PPPoE is starting to
make the sites that blindly block ICMP have problems and lose significant
userbase.