Re: www.crucial.com won't talk to 2.4.0-test7 system

From: Graham Murray (graham@barnowl.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 07:54:06 EST

David Ford <david@kalifornia.com> writes:

> There are a -lot- of large sites that give us issues like this.

What is the best way to handle sites which block connections using
ECN? Is it best for everyone who detects this to write individually to
each site which they find can be accessed with "echo 0 >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn" but not (in the default state) of tcp_ecn
= 1? Or is there some better way to spread the word more "officially"?

So far I have written to every site which I have been unable to
access with ECN enabled, but the only response (apart from
auto-responders acknowledging the receipt of the email) I have had has
said that the matter has been forwarded to the site's IT department.