Re: [Announcement] pre-patch-2.0.39-7

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 07:10:20 EST

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, David Weinehall wrote:

> This is probably the last 2.0.39 pre-patch, unless someone comes up
> with something horrible. Still, I'm not impossible to convince,
> should there be something one of you out the consider pressing.
> Test and enjoy!
>

> 2.0.39pre7
>
> o Fix a bug where some Windows9x (Michael Deutschmann, me)
> network-activities would make the
> kernel go kabloom!
> o Fixed a bug that caused the kernel (Michael Deutschmann, me)
> to panic when mounting filesystems
> with different blocksizes

Doh! This should be the text below (the blocksize-related bug isn't fixed,
but won't be fixed for v2.0.39; it's considered relatively low-priority as
it's neither remotely exploitable nor locally exploitable except by mr
almighty himself (root)):

---
This is the last 2.0.39 pre-patch, unless someone comes up
with something horrible. Still, I'm not impossible to convince,
should there be something one of you out the consider pressing.
Give this one a tough beating, ok? Test and enjoy!

2.0.39pre7

o Fix a bug in af_unix that wrote to (Michael Deutschmann) a socket after freeing it (aka the Win9x-related oops) o Fixed typo in Documentation (Martin Douda) ---

/David, who managed to send out combination of the todo-list and the changelog... _ _ // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\ // Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky // \> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </