Linux-kernel v2.0.39pre7 w/ huge databases

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 04:46:14 EST

As the v2.0.39pre-kernels has made some changes that might affect
programs and/or databases running on large hardware (> 1 GB of memory and
large database-sets) I'd REALLY like some help to test it out on such a
machine, as I have no such hardware myself to test on. While I'm pretty
convinced that the changes should be ok, I don't want this to become
Famous Last Words(tm).

pre-patch-2.0.39-7 has just been released (see anouncement on my homepage
and on lkml) and can be found here:

ftp.xx.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tao/2.0.39pre

and on my homepage:

http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/linux/

/David Weinehall, maintainer for the v2.0.xx kernel-series
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </