Re: Large File support and blocks.

From: Matthew Jacob (mjacob@feral.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 12:34:19 EST

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:15:27PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > So what do you propose to use when a long long division is needed (after
> > much thought and considering all alternatives etc.etc.) ?
>
> Link against libgcc, what else?

As also does anyone who does solaris drivers (x86 or sparc) using gcc- the
code that gcc emits that requires 64 bit operations is quite nicely available
in libgcc.a. Only a minor bit of hackage with gcc -v is needed in a makefile
to emit the correct path for the linker to use.

That is, unless somebody wants to write the support functions (specific to
gcc, ah, but which one?) into the linux kernel? Oh dear, I don't think so..

-matt