Re: Speed increase on SMP in 2.4.0 test 6 and up

From: Christoph Rohland (cr@sap.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 02:49:14 EST

Michael Bielicki <Michael.Bielicki@Parmastocks.com> writes:

> Was done but Informix DS 7.3 still sees no shared memory. Either I
> did something wrong in the compile or I don't know. I am preparing
> straces since two members of the list offered to look into
> them. What I also don't understand is the ouput of df on
> /dev/shm. What does it give me ??

As I stated before it gives you what it should give: The size of the
filesystem. This resembles what before was known as shmall.

The kernel interface gives the number of blocks and the blocksize. the
rest is left to df... So the unit it is dependant on the options you
give to df. I prefer 'df -h' which gives you human readable output.

Greetings
                Christoph