Re: NTFS primer - was: Re: NTFS-like streams?

From: Michael Rothwell (rothwell@holly-springs.nc.us)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 15:37:02 EST

As no one with any influence seem to be actually interested
in the streams/EA problem at the current time (hostile,
perhaps, but not interested), I say we hold off discussing
it any more on the list here until they manage to pull
2.4 out of the fire.

I understand that Linus is interested in providing good
support in Linux for streams and EA capable filesystems,
but he is also one of the people pulling 2.4 out of the
fire and likely doesn't have a lot of time to devote to
what is clearly a 2.5 issue.

Perhaps Linus/Alan/Al/etc can signal when they are ready
to start tackling the problem.

-M