Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on native Linux"

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 12:19:53 EST

This whole SCO thing is overrated. I worked on the Unixware code base
at Novell, and it's
putrid in comparison to Linux. It's got a lot of good apps, but so does
Linux. This kind of tripe propaganda is what the "cult" followers of
Unixware are good at. They lost @ $ 38,000,000 dollars each year at
Novell ramming UnixWare down our throats and pissing of our customers --
Novell finally cut rheir losses and sold it. Don't get me wrong, it's
decent Unix stuff, but Linux is tons better as a general purpose PC
Unix. Just remember, Caldera is a LINUX company -- they will take the
best of both, and use it to improve Linux ....

:-)

Jeff