sound problems on a Dell Insp 3000

From: Aaron Macks (amacks@sensable.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 08:22:38 EST

(I know the docs for the sound support say that lkml isn't the perfect
venue, but I'm not sure what is so...)
I have a Dell Inspirion 3000, 166MMX Pentium running RH 6.2 with 2.2.16. It
has a CS4232(or compatable) sound card which until about a week ago worked
perfectly. Recently it has been only working sparatically, normally the
module load fails with "init_module: Device or resource busy" both at boot
and when called maually. I have recompiled it twice, once alone and once
with the rest of the kernel. When it loads(about every other day), it never
works consistantly, eventually failing with a IRQ/DMQ error(can't reproduce
now, so cannot get the exact error.
Aaron
ps conf.modules line for the sounds card:

alias sound cs4232
options -k cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=1

(same config it's had for as long as I've had it)