Kernel options/parameters documentation

From: Vernon H. Soden (vsoden@umich.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 08:56:14 EST

This is probably a naive question but I haven't found the solution through
normal docs.

Where can I find explanations of the kernel bootup options passed on the
command line?

I am loading a new system with Slackware 7.0 and get a kernel panic at
boot time which complains about a missing init and suggests setting an
init= option for the kernel. These are new complaints (to me) and I can't
find any reference to the kernel parameters. Thanks for your patience.

Vern Soden <vsoden@umich.edu>