2.4.0-test7-pre2 runtime stuff.

From: ADAM Sulmicki (adam@cfar.umd.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 21:09:55 EST

[nobody is mentioned in MAINTAINERS file for DRM,
so I'm not sure where to send this report on DRM. ]

command line args:

Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=smp-24072 ro root=2103 ip=off
video=matrox:off hdc=ide-scsi

1) according to docs this should keep console turned off (ie no penguin
logo), it it nevertheless pops up (but kind of screwed up as in 8bit
colormap). I remember it worked for me in past, so mabye it broke again.

Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 149M
agpgart: Detected Intel 440BX chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xd0000000
[drm] The mga drm module requires the agpgart module to function correctly
Please load the agpgart module before you load the mga module

2) mga driver seems be broken, as shown above.
  (This is for no-modules) kernel. If I compile modules kernel
   the agpgard either does not seems be made or being copied
   during 'make modules_install', so that mga can't find it either.

--
Adam
http://www.eax.com	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers