Re: Closed-door development

From: Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 13:45:56 EST

> It is true to a large extent, and in my opinion it's
> the gem that
> keeps us at such high productivity rates.

You find this surprising? I can't think of one succesful open project that
doesn't have a private list for core developers. IN fact, almost every
project that I have worked with, has some sort of closed email list where
core/central developers can convirge out of site and with less noise.

This gives the central developers a chance to speak uncluterred, to ppl
that have a serious and technical interest in the matters at hand.