XF86-4 dies with DRM (Re: Linux-2.4.0-test6)

From: Chris Meadors (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 09:34:27 EST

I have a 3DFX Voodoo3.

When I enable DRM support in XFree86 4.0.1 with 2.4.0-test6, startx, then
hop out to a text console, if I wait a little bit X will die with a:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Putting the X server in 24 bit mode (and thus preventing DRM from
functioning in the 3DFX driver) is enough to keep X alive.

I remember having this problem before. I thought it was fixed, but
perhaps I just stopped using the DRM stuff because of other problems of
having drm and agp both compiled into the kernel.

--
Two penguins were walking on an iceburg.  The first one said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second one said,