Re: eth0: Something Wicked happened

From: ferret@phonewave.net
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 19:41:08 EST

I used to be getting this error too. I believe kernel 2.2.14 is about when
the problem started occuring. In my case I found I could boot the problem
system in a different machine with the same NICs installed and all would
be fine. The problem NIC was also a D-Link 530TX.

So basically, I had one system where I would have this message, and
another system booting with the same drive and NICs and running under the
same kind of load would not have this message. I 'solved' the problem by
swapping the D-Link for my ailing 3com card.