Re: 2.4.0-test6 devfs

From: Mo McKinlay (mmckinlay@gnu.org)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 17:49:11 EST

# What's perverse is it should be just CD-ROM. What am I talking
# about... usually it _is_ just CD-ROM.
#
# I've never heard anyone say CD disc :-)

No..but I hear people say "CD-ROM disc" regularly, though (Yes, I know
it's "Compact Disc Read Only Memory disc", which is silly, but people use
it).

Mind you, the point I was trying to make was that it was 'disc' and not
'disk' in this case, I just didn't put it across very well.

Apologies to those brought up in the Acorn world who use 'disc'
exclusively. I should've known that, considering the amount of time I
spent with the BBC B.. *grin*.

Would it not be possible for devfs to cater for both spellings?

--
Mo McKinlay             Chief Software Architect          inter/open Labs