Re: Need e1000.o (Intel 1GB NIC driver) for 2.4.x

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 09:02:06 EST

>> Unless this has changed dramatically from the original release I
>> looked at (v1.0 or so), then now would probably be a good time to
>> look into the portabillity and other 'issues' (or should I say lack
>> of) in the driver ;-)

Matthew> You might want to look at the port I did for FreeBSD/OpenBSD
Matthew> for this card (if_wx.c/if_wxvar.h). It's really hard to get
Matthew> info out of Intel about the card, which is too bad because I
Matthew> sure like the programming model.

Personally I would rather go pick a card from another vendor which
supports Free Software properly. But then again I am biased.

Jes