Re: [patch] Re: ps/2 mouse (synaptics touchpad)

From: volodya@mindspring.com
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 10:47:57 EST

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I haven't thought about keyboard switches, sorry.. Perhaps, for now, the
> > best alternative is an extra option in the kernel configuration "Support
> > for keyboard/mouse switches" with explanation that it breaks Synaptics
> > touchpads..
>
> How about probing the PS/2 pnp sequences at boot time for the synaptics
> touchpad ?

After some more thinking - why not move the reconnect stuff out of the
kernel ? Both gpm and Xserver know which device they are configured to use
and can be intelligent about it. Otherwise, if we start probing mice in
the kernel we should all the device code from gpm in there as well.. And
this also hazards that relatively recent kernels will not work correctly
with some, even newer, mice which pnp id's has not made it into the
kernel.

                              Vladimir Dergachev