Where can I get the patch for 2.2.15 to fix the buffer overflows?

From: Levi Ruiz (Levi@PrecisionNav.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 11:43:21 EST

I am trying to compile a new kernel to fix the security problems with pre
2.2.16 kernels. I have a DPT SmartRAID V controller which has a driver and
patch that only supports up kernels 2.2.12, 2.2.14, and 2.2.15. When I try
running the patch on 2.2.16 I get a kernel error saying "Unable to handle
NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000" and "Bad EIP value."

The way I am trying to rectify this is by installing 2.2.15 and I heard
about a patch for this kernel which fixes the buffer overflow problem. The
problem is I cannot find this patch. Could anyone point me in the right
direction?

Also, as a side note, are there any plans to support these controllers in
the future?

Thanks!

    -If everyone throws in their two cents worth, -
    -but its a penny for your thoughts...who keeps the profit?-