RE: Castlewood ORB drive

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 11:34:36 EST

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Jim Miller wrote:

> If you will provide us the linux help we need to provide the
> IDE driver support, I'll give you a drive and a couple disks.

You have my word!

> Let me know when you wish to me to pick up the units.

Today if possible.

> Jim

WOOHOO LK,

Castlewood OBS is onboard with Linux, and there is a chance to make 2.4.0.

I just wish who ever talked to them before, owes them an apology for not
doing the follow through. This is especially if you got product!
You have made if very difficult to gain the trust of this vender, but I
now have it and do not intend to loose it.

If this device as security locking and vender-unique OPS instructions I
hope to provide that enhancement provide it is not IP that they are not
ready to share because of patents.

All of you will be free to ask me about what I publish, and no question
what I choose not to because of Castlewoods needs. These are the standard
guidelines in place at all times for all venders.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy