Re: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 10:26:40 EST

Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> (c) do a simple "generation" script. This is what I'd do in the case of
> O_NOFOLLOW. In your makefile, just have
>
> nofollow.h:
> grep define.*O_NOFOLLOW $(KERNELDIR)/include/asm-$(ARCH)/fcntl.h > nofollow.h
>
> The only problem with this sort of thing is that you need to somehow
> find KERNELDIR.

Indeed, that's why I #include <asm/fcntl.h>, to find the header file.
I've assumed that <asm/fcntl.h> reflects something close to the current
kernel, which wouldn't work with Linus' setup.

Probably I should follow Linus' (a) suggestion (define the constants in
the program for combination of Linux & known architecture), and also
accept the value if it appears through plain old <fcntl.h>. Any newer
architecture than current ones in the kernel tree ought to be using a
Glibc that defines the thing I'm interested in via plain old <fcntl.h>.

-- Jamie