Re: The big IDE fight in a different light

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 23:00:05 EST

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 12:50:15PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > I am putting Linux's acceptance in to industry on the LINE here.
> > One wrong move and I will never get the hardware industry to work with
> > Linux again. I have had to expose things I did not want because people
> > are to stuborn to listen.
>
> ... when hardware industry doesn't follow their own standards, it seems
> hypocritical for them to target linux for non-compliance...

I have yet to find a part of the computer industry which preferrs it's own
standards over "the way Microsoft did it". And then they blame Linux for
not doing it the same way.

If you don't understand that, or don't understand what I mean, then perhaps
you shouldn't be arguing against Andre.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                            Work: mdharm@qcpi.com

What, are you one of those Microsoft-bashing Linux freaks? -- Customer to Greg User Friendly, 2/10/1999