Re: Status: Conversion to input layer on PPC

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:48:56 EST

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 01:15:57PM +0200, Franz Sirl wrote:
> > - the input layer drivers are not built if CONFIG_USB=n, can that please be
> > changed in 2.4?
>
> This is really a good idea. In 2.4 the joystick driver use the input layer, too.
> IMHO we should move all input drivers to drivers/input and maybe add the
> serial mouse driver and convert the busmouse drivers to the input layer.
>
> This would give linux 2.4 a coherent mouse interface without too much work.

I like to see this changed as well. I have been using a serial mouse
for quite sometime with the input layer from our CVS. It works quite
nicely. The only thing I can't see for 2.4.X converting all the
keyboards to the input layer since 2.4.0 final is so close. Everything
could be converted over.

Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=