Re: Kernel 2.2.14 OOM killer strikes.

From: Chris Meadors (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 09:12:50 EST

I only have one question about this scheme. What about a program that
leaks very slowly over a long period of time? (Wasn't there even a kernel
leak like that in the early 2.2.x series?) It will eventually end up
exausting all memory and surely there'll be another program asking for
memory faster than it as you head the OOM situation.

I know, I know, this is a rare case and the program doing that should be
fixed. But it is something to think about. Perhaps there'll be a new
class of attacks, ones that take weeks or months to pull off.

--
Two penguins were walking on an iceburg.  The first one said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second one said,