Re: encrypted filesystems for current kernels

From: David (dave@northnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 06:40:11 EST

Hi David,

        Try "Best Crypt" - free for non commercial.
        It's on freshmeat somewhere amongst a few other solutions.
        or: http://www.jetico.com/index.htm#/linux.html
        if you want to skip the search.

        It's very good, but uses a file in an existing file system, as the place to
write data to, so i presume it's not as optimal as writing directly to disk.

        It works quite happily on my little P133 though, has blowfish, 3des,
twofish + others.

Have fun,
Dave