Re: [offtopic] Re: Patented algorithms in kernel

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 16:23:05 EST

Pavel,

I spoke with Andrew, and authorized him to use whatever time necessary
to help folks who are developing Linux code that involves US patents or
IP infrinement issues. This offer is open to any other Linux folks who
need to consult with an IP attorney about infringement issues, and we'll
eat the tab for it. We have to dance around Novell patents all the time
(Novell's NDS is a legal nightmare for example) in what we do, so we
confront these types of issues every day we come to work, so we are very
well versed in IP and development issues.

Andrew will devote whatever time you require and will assist in patent
lookups, infringement analysis, etc. We'll even help you if anyone
attempts to litigate against you here.

:-)

Jeff