Tell me about ZONE_DMA

From: Timur Tabi (ttabi@interactivesi.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 12:37:02 EST

I'm trying to understand the differences between the three zones, ZONE_DMA,
ZONE_NORMAL,and ZONE_HIGHMEM. I've searched the source code (I'm getting pretty
good at understanding the kernel memory allocator), but I can't figure out what
physical regions of memory belong to each zone. Where is that determined?

Also, I get this eerie feeling that it's possible for a physical page to exist
in more than one zone. Is that true?

--
Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com