Re: dump device

From: Josh Huber (huber@mclinux.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 10:44:07 EST

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 09:23:39AM +0200, almesber@lrc.di.epfl.ch wrote:
> > http://www.missioncriticallinux.com/technology/coredump/
>
> This is roughly the concept that we've discussed. I didn't look at their
> current implementation, so there may be some differences. (My current

This isn't how our current implementation works. Originally, we used a
disk-based system that wrote the dump to a swap partition.

Currently we're using an in-memory system that saves the dump in a
compressed form to memory, reboots the system (using bootimg on Intel), and
writes it to disk on boot via a init script.

This system is working well -- the only issues we're having is with SMP and
video on Intel.

--
Josh
6B21489A | GnuPG ID/Fingerprint | huber@mclx.com |