HP E60/RH 6.2/AIC7895: aic7xxx hangs

From: François Désarménien (francois@fdesar.net)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 12:44:43 EST

Hello,

I'm trying to setup an HP E60 server to ship tommorow
afternoon to a customer.

I've done that at least 10 times, without a glitch.

I've try one time the normal way: no luck, hanging on
aic7xxx loading.

I've trying the 'expert' way, and I don't know why,
the system has been setup.

But now, I can't boot the system anymore (neither reinstall):

the aic7xxx driver loads, finds the two onboard controllers,
detects the hard disk, and then hangs.

I've followed the kernel patches from 2.15 to 2.17-pre?
and Allan said problems with aic7xxx were solved. Was it
something like I'm experiencing ? Should I try the latest
2.17pre ? Any clue ?

Thanks a lot for your time,

François Désarménien

PS: I'm not more on the list, so could you please CC to me.