Re: dump device

From: Zone (zone@q7.net)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 15:28:43 EST

I think that kmsgdump is a good place to start, but I do not think it does
enough. For example (and this is just off the top of my head) being able
to dump some of the kernel structures to disk, such as the run queue. The
monitor would need to know where these structures are in memory and a
little about their layout. But since we could find this out from the
kernel headers at compile time it would be possible to know how to snoop
this.

I think I will take a closer look at kmsgdump and see if I can get may
arms around what I am thinking about.