Re: OOM?

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 16:58:41 EST

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, David Whysong wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> >> Isn't anyone interested in fixing it?
> >
> >Try Rik van Riel's process for death selection stuff
>
> I have, but last time I checked it didn't patch cleanly to
> recent kernels. And I don't understand the new mm zone stuff
> enough to fix it up... I really think something like Rik van
> Riel's approach should be in the main kernel.

I have a clear idea now what's needed to integrate the OOM
killing stuff into the kernel in a clean way. Since I'll be
travelling the next few days and maybe won't have access to
the net (and hence, can't take big MM decisions without the
others) I'll probably play around to get the thing intergrated
in both the latest 2.2 and 2.4 kernels.

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.