Re: Question about the BUG macro

From: jani (monosesi@c7.utcluj.ro)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 12:26:54 EST

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Philipp Rumpf wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 08:11:11AM -0800, jani wrote:
> > is the BUG() macro from asm/page.h which printks out "kernel BUG"
> > supposed to actually warn about a bug (kind of OOPS) or just an error
> > message?
>
> Oops and backtrace, if you can do it.
I don't think I need to since it says it's in ipc/sem.c line 926.
I didn't mention it before because it's a 3.99pre9 and it is 'so old'
that I figured someone spotted this before.I was just curious (didn't notice
that BUG actually causes an OOPS -I guess with those invalid opcode bytes
it inserts)

Anyway the call to blame :-) is

semctl(semid,0,IPC_RMID,anything here);
... ^^^^^^ supposedly a semun union