Re: Query on UDP Sockets on Linux.

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 08:03:09 EST

> close on any file handle should send the shutdown flag and wake up all
> sleepers (and it does in 2.2.16). the sleepers notice shutdown and
> error out.

I see no evidence of any code in 2.2.16 to do this. I think you are mistaken.

In fact you are

static struct file_operations socket_file_ops = {
..
          NULL, /* flush */

So nothing is called in the described case that would even allow shutdown
flags to be set. You are right that the user could call shutdown() then close
thus waking the recvmsg - thats a clean approach.

Alan