proxy arp

From: zero07@123india.com
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 07:38:24 EST

Hi,

I am having a network like following

  +---------+ eth0 eth1 +-----------+
  | | +----+ | |
  | A |----| FW |-----| B |
  +---------+ +----+ +-----------+

  I am having a firewall spliting a class B network
  a.b.X.X

  eth1 - external world
  eth0 - my network.

  I enabled proxy arp on the interfaces to communicate
  across firewall.

  I have enabled proxy arp on both interfaces and published some entries for devices connected to eth0
on eth1.

  But the proxy arp is replying for even the ip addresses for which i have not put the publish entry.
on both eth0 and eth1.

So for some of the machines i am not having the entry
in subnet A are answered on both the interfaces.

Do i have to set any flag so that the arp responds only
for the requests published and does not reply for the
entries not published.

Thanks

-James.

regards,