Re: defrag program for ext2fs

From: f5ibh (f5ibh@db0bm.ampr.org)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 02:32:24 EST

Hi,

Defrag : there is an utility called picoboot, intended to build a one diskette
linux system. The system image contains a 'defrag' program. I've tested it ...
Well, I don't gnow if it is _very_ useful but it seems to work.

When you will have get the 'picoboot' package, feel free to ask me if you have
problem to get the defrag program from the compressed system image.

Anyway, I suggest you to lef your ext2 file system running without using defrag
I think defragmenting is quite useless on ext2 partition (it is not M$DOS
partition!!!) .. ans maybe dangerous ! You have been warned!

Here are the location where you will find 'picoboot'.

Primary-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/system/recovery
                1719264 picoboot-0.95.tar.gz
                781 picoboot-0.95.lsm

---
Regards