Re: Linux 2.2.17pre7

From: Henrique M. Holschuh (hmh@rcm.org.br)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 18:40:46 EST

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > o Crystal Soundfusion 46xx driver (me)
> >
> > There is some weirdness in drivers/sound/ac97.h (see the duplicated AC'97
> > 2.0 defines). Also, I tried to compile cs46xx as a module, and it resulted
>
> I don't see any duplicated defines. It also doesnt use drivers/sound/ac97.h
> Thats the last bits of old OSS hanging on

Well, it's possible patch did a number on me then (I did some reverse
patching and other stuff in this tree). My ac97.h is 233 lines long, 9397
bytes. lines 36-47 are repeated at 49-60.

> > in undefined symbols when running depmod -a. Kernel sound support is
> > enabled, OSS support is disabled.
>
> Which symbols

depmod didn't say, and there's nothing on the logs. Due to the ac97.h
weirdness, I'll rebuild the source tree from the tars just in case and see
if it happens again, but this will take some time to test, since I can't
reboot the machine right now.

  Henrique Holschuh