Re: Linux 2.2.17pre7

From: Henrique M. Holschuh (hmh@rcm.org.br)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 18:16:24 EST

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> 2.2.17pre7
> o Crystal Soundfusion 46xx driver (me)
> | Most of the work actually from the ALSA driver by Jaroslav

There is some weirdness in drivers/sound/ac97.h (see the duplicated AC'97
2.0 defines). Also, I tried to compile cs46xx as a module, and it resulted
in undefined symbols when running depmod -a. Kernel sound support is
enabled, OSS support is disabled.

I simply disabled the driver, as the ALSA support for my cs4280 el-cheapo
card works fine. If you need more information to track the bug, please drop
me a reply and I'll try to build a new kernel and isolate the problem.

  Henrique Holschuh