RE: REQ: OS/Kernel Devel Docs

From: Chris Lattner (sabre@skylab.org)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 16:04:49 EST

Check out: http://www.skylab.org/~sabre/os

There is a ton of good stuff there... :)

-Chris

From: "John Anthony Kazos Jr." <jkazos@vt.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 23:07:37 -0500 (EST)
Subject: REQ: OS/Kernel Devel Docs

I humbly request that someone point me towards documentation (not just
source
code, which I can find readily enough) on operating system development on
the
PC. Not OS design theory, like memory management, but the basics, like
bootstrap and BIOS. Once it gets into theory it's not dependent upon the
system but upon the concepts of paged protected memory. I am having
trouble
finding documentation on the PC/AT (Is that what I should be looking for?)
standard, the BIOS interface and hardware interfaces, etc. Really,
absolutely
anything that anyone can point me to or provide to me (if it's big, please
bzip2 it) would be immensely appreciated, and I wish express that
appreciation in advance. I am especially interested in the types of
documents
that would have been used (or had been used) initially to create the Linux
kernel.

-Chris