RE: Stability (2.2.14/15/16/17pre1)

From: George Sexton (gsexton@mhsoftware.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 15:31:36 EST

Here is what the NMI Oopser puts out on startup (Kernel 2.2.16 Oopser IRQ
0). When I saw the last line, I figured that something wasn't working
correctly so I set it to IRQ 1.

NMI Watchdog activated on source IRQ 0
..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
...trying to set up timer as ExtINT... .. (found pin 0) ... works.
NMI Watchdog disabled (source IRQ was 0)!

Here is /proc/interrupts from 2.2.16 w/ NMI-Oopser installed and set for IRQ
0

           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 30209 0 XT-PIC timer
  1: 210 265 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  4: 603 671 IO-APIC-edge serial
 12: 1 0 IO-APIC-edge PS/2 Mouse
 13: 1 0 XT-PIC fpu
 16: 6892 6952 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
 18: 134 137 IO-APIC-level eth0
 19: 0 0 IO-APIC-level es1371
NMI: 28
ERR: 0

When I got the freeze with IRQ set to 1, I am sure that I generated at least
50 keystrokes and perhaps as much as 100 before I gave up and hit the reset
switch. It still did not give me an oops message.