Linux 2.2.17p2

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 12:33:27 EST

Ok I'm going for stabilising the oddments 2.2.16 got a bit wrong before
we move onwards. This even though a pre patch should be somewhat more
solid than 2.2.16. It contains just the important bug fixes

2.2.17pre2
o Fix memory leak in appletalk drivers (Hu Chengjun)
o Fix bridge + rtl8139 bug (Jeff Garzik)
o ICH audio hack for slow to reset codecs (Vladimir V. Klenov)
o One liner fix to the kswapd logic (Rik van Riel)
o Fix dtr on close bug in the SX serial driver (Patrick van de Lageweg)
o Fix saving of db6 on debug traps (James Cownie)
o Teach setup code about transmeta processors (H Peter Anvin)
o Fix some SMP races in parport (Tim Waugh)
o Fix CDROMPLAYTRKIND, rpc2 region info query (Jens Axboe)
o Small AFFS fixes (Dave Jones)
o Test fsuid before DAC_OVERRIDE in procfs (Solar Designer)
o Add Cyclades PC300 driver (Ivan Passos)
o List Andries as partitioning maintainer (Andries Brouwer)
o Remove __LIBRARY__ from unistd.h syscall tests (Erik Troan)
o Resync 2.2 and 2.4 i810 drivers (me)
o Upgrade aic7xxx driver to 5.1.30. This should (Doug Ledford)
        fix the problems with EISA/VLB cards
o Resync the ixj telephony driver with Quicknet (me)
        | Word of warning: Stuff built against the 2.2 ixj
        | driver is back compatible. Stuff built against their
        | release we merged with is not as they clashed with
        | ioctls already allocated for other uses.

2.2.17pre1

o Fix the md failure to work (me)
o Fix the Irix 6.x FIN foodfight bug (Andi Kleen)
        | Someone needs to fix IRIX too
o Fix the Alpha debugging printk (me)
o Fix the 2.2.16 problem with some cdroms (Jens Axboe)
o Fix the i2o scsi crash on boot (me)
o Fix yamaha audio when compiled in (me)
o Fix es1371 rev 8 cards (Thomas Sailer)
o Don't listen for TCP on lockd port (Trond Myklebust)
o Fix sparc32 signal handling (Eddie d'Ost)
o Fix sym53xxx sparc stuff (Dave Miller)
o Fix crashes on unload/remove of initio scsi (Thomas Graichen)
o FIX eepro100 on sparc (Dave Miller)
o Remove Alessandro from the maintainers (Alessandro Rubini)
o Fix erroneous cp932 code page data (C Huang)