Re: Oops in 2.4.0test1-ac17

From: Eric Buddington (snikt@resounding.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:28:38 EST

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 03:50:51AM +0200, Juan J. Quintela wrote:
> Eric could you test the patch please, and report the results?

Working on it.

> PD. I am still interested in one script that reproduces the problem
> without the patch for the memtest suite.

These commands are executed from init

insmod /boot/modules/fs/ramfs.o
mount -vnt devfs nodev /devfs
mount -vnt proc nodev /proc
mount -vnt ramfs nodev /tmp
insmod /boot/modules/block/floppy.o
mount -vnt minix /devfs/floppy/0 /floppy
tar -xzvf /floppy/boot/etc.tgz -C /tmp passwd

I believe it is on the mount command that the Oops occurs. The Oops always
happens when executed from init, but not always when done manually. It also
seems avoidable if the floppy driver is compiled in (not a module).

-Eric