Re: (reiserfs) Re: Red Hat (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Chris Mason (mason@suse.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 08:40:51 EST

Ok, James and I took the discussion offline for a few days, and the
general outcome was that we disagreed much less than we thought.

The postgres bug was reported in our 2.2 code. We haven't been able to
reproduce it yet, but we are still trying. If the bug turns out to be
real, and also in our 2.4 code, there is no way we would want inclusion
until that bug is fixed.

We don't want reiserfs stuffed into a 2.4 kernel without proper
integration testing. If we get our NFS issues fixed, and a lot of testing
done before 2.4.0, wonderful. If 2.4.0 comes out before we are ready, we
try again for 2.4.1, and keep trying until we get in ;-) 2.4.0 is
probably too frozen for us at the moment, all we can do is wait and see.

To me, the arguement should be over what proper integration testing is,
but I'd rather not go there until we have fixes for our knfsd problems.

-chris