Re: Semi up to date JOBS list

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 15:05:16 EST

I'd advocate creating /dev/sr* exactly like /dev/sd* for consistency.
Doing /dev/scd0a would be absolutely twisted. We can still have
MAKEDEV create /dev/scd0 -> /dev/sra etc for compatibility.

There is no good reason for mucking with more fancy naming schemes
just for these devices. If we want to talk about reorganizing things
into some sort of heirarchical structure, or whatever else, those are
orthogonal questions. Make sr* work just like sd* since they do work
just like sd*. Then if you want to do something fancy, do it for all
the SCSI devices at once.

-- Dave